Saturday, July 13, 2013

Zimmerman Trial

I have already posted my thoughts on this, and I would have shot Trayvon had he jumped me as well, but I WOULD NOT have followed the kid in hot pursuit. The actions Zimmerman took led to the confrontation between him and Trayvon, so he does bare some responsibility in the death of the the kid. I would have just let Trayvon go his own way if I saw him on the street and would have just let someone else deal with him, because it would be none of my business to follow this guy. Now, if Trayvon HAD BEEN breaking into a house or assaulting someone, THEN I would have intervened, but this was not the case here. I repeat, I think Mr.Zimmerman was acting in self defense, but he should have been found guilty of manslaughter. The bottom line is one guy is dead, and the other is alive, the one who followed the dead guy WITH A GUN. So, justice has not been carried out in perfection, but it would be a bigger travesty to convict this man of murder when he was acting in self defense. Zimmerman should be locked up for manslaughter, period.
-Kole Elyon

No comments:

Post a Comment